- To illustrate the process of art work as therapy within a magical frame work, using symbols, emotions and occult sigils.
- Combining the mundane within the magical.
- Exploring the emotions via the creative process.
- To remove an unproductive learnt behaviour, enforced by significant others and perpetuated by self doubt.
- Waning moon phase; banishing.
- The day of Saturn; boundaries.
- The Act Magical; dedicated pre-work rite; creation of a sigil.
- The use of magical fluids; sigil drawn on canvas with Condensing Fluid to hold the intent of the work.
- Allowing the art work to dry naturally.
- The work to be executed outside within the elements.
- A light trance to be held during the process (including the writing of this article); to be in the zone.
- Photographic narrative.
- Comments on emotions evoked during work.
- Channelling said emotions into the work.
- Empowering by the elements – in particular air (the wind was quite brisk during the work)
- No ending; a work in progress.
The Photographic Narrative.
The first step is most often the hardest – life is busy; finding the time – it must be made. Excitement that the blank canvas no longer holds interpolation (progress) is evident.
Engaging with the emotions is exciting. However, the plan in the head does not look like this ^ the work, is allowed, therefore to evolve; to take on a life, an energy of it’s own. A means to the end.
The brush caressed the canvas as a lover – moving in ways that tantalised and raised the vibrations which were to set the theme of the work.
Self-doubt creeps in – this is the danger point – giving in is a real possibility but as the work is being documented in real time, this is the pull to carry on – self-doubt gives way to self-actualisation – the work takes on the energy of the focus and it continues… were is not known… at this point it is in the lap of the Guiding Spirits!
The realisation of the moment is reached; the emotion examined and broken down to the dross, the base, the Nawl around which all is drawn. The work deepens becoming something of which can never be spoken for it is beyond words, as the language of the soul is.
The tape, crisscrossing the work has been taken off, and as with life, has revealed tears and tares; wounds of the healer – the third colour corresponding with the emotional investment is added. Not only women bleed…
The Crossroads of life are the main symbol, corresponding with the decisions we make as we go forward in life. The white is the light of the soul shining through. The black is the dark;of the night, the soul, of life… the three merge to become on.
“It’s not finished yet” = I don’t like it. But it’s not a thing to be ‘liked’ – it’s not going on the wall to be admired; it’s a ‘working’ of banishment – of the non-productive habit and the emotions surrounding it! Yet, I still feel compelled to make it nice, pretty, acceptable…
Do you see how this creative process works? How it is working….?
There will be an update tomorrow.
All images and words by the author ©Cymraes2015