“We are currently in the midst of the greatest epidemic sickness known to humanity.” ~ Paul Levy
…there was no ritual, no incense billowing from the censer, no flickering candlelight, no barbarous words… none of this, but a sense of something watching, waiting… waiting for that moment to invade, infect, much as a mosquito does. A low level of intelligence, aware, but predatory. It was simply there, in the corner of my psychic eye, waiting to pounce! But was ‘it’? So I took to drawing the things I saw hovering, waiting for it’s chance to strike, and as I did so, it faded away ~ not completely, but it hid, out of sight, waiting… by the time I had finished the sketch, I believed it gone.
Thus is was, over a number of years, the sense of some Thing – an un-named Thing at that, grew in my awareness. Concerned with my own sphere, it was clearly attempting to latch on. To cut a long story short, this Thing rode others while attempting to ride me.
“Ride’ being the term I use, for an unwanted psychic entity attaching itself, unknown to others, in order to drain them of their energy; to feed. This is known with in the traditional circles as being Hag Ridden.
There was one person in particular that clearly was being ridden by this Thing. The more she attacked me, the clearer it became. Down to the very fact that what she accused me of, was, clearly, the very same thing she was doing; the projection of her many issues onto me (and others as well) was staggering!
But what was it that rode her – that fed off her and the drama she attempted to create?
“To name something, is to give it life; to give it life, means you can kill it.” Oral magical lore.
Thus began the hunt – knowing that, as these things often do, all would be revealed. Awareness is the key, and here I mean awareness of the self, others, circumstances, and most of all synchronistic events.
They all weave together, presenting a rich tapestry, which for the Wise can be read as easily as words on a page. Or not… I had to watch myself closely. Asking myself why I dismissed that or this, and quickly learning this was a ‘tell’ – a trick, a hint, a clue to the truth. Yes, I was being psychically affected by something (guess what!) that didn’t want me to know about it!
Once I was aware of these little distractions, and believe me they were legion – I was on the hunt!
To cut a long and often bizarre story short, the culmination of the hunt coincided with he annual pilgrimage to the land of Avalon to attend the Occult Conference. A chance meeting in a cafe with a stranger, confirmed so much of what had been happening, and how this was being dealt with, derives more than just a few words here, but confidences must be honoured and who knows, perhaps in the future I may relive further into my process, but for now, I can highlight this chance meeting as thé turning point. Once this point had been reached, oh boy! did the flood gates open!
Knowledge is a wonderful thing; but sometimes ‘things’ work against it.
Thus it was on listening to a podcast a few days after my return from Glastonbury… what was this thing? I quickly, recognised the ‘tell’ – the distraction was obvious! I rewound the podcast to the exact point and three times in a row I was distracted. This I though, full of confidence, is of great import!
wetiko, described as a non-local, vampiric entity, known to the Cree notation and other Native Americans for centuries…
“Wetiko psychosis is highly contagious, spreading through the channel of our shared unconsciousness. Its vectors of infection and propagation do not travel like a physical pathogen, however. This fluidly moving, nomadically wandering bug reciprocally reinforces and feeds off and into each of our unconscious blind spots, which is how it non-locally propagates itself throughout the field.” Paul Levy
What-who I hear you say?
Wetiko, or Windigo, or other alternative names, depending on which NA people’s – they all have a name, slightly different, as do the Buddhists – for them, this entity is known as the Hungry Ghost. There maybe other names, as this thing is non-local – it travels, has no bounds, and must be known by other names in different parts of the world.
The more I looked the more I found, the blinkers literally dis-spelled, they fell away like leaves from a tree in midwinter.
To be aware of this entity, is the first step. Within my praxis, as already mentioned, names are important and this is it’s oldest name (to date) that I can find. If you know different, please, let me know in the comments.
What then, are the signs?
To answer that, I will say wetiko hates the truth. It thrives on lies, fake news, and the drama that all too often is found on social media.
If you are a regular reader here, then you will know all about the woman who stalks me; she is a prime example of a person ‘infected’ (or should that be Affected?) by wetiko.
Another is more famous for his ‘leadership’ of the US.
Are you seeing a picture? Let me find a few quotes to illustrate further:
- “Wetiko subversively turns our genius for reality creation against us so that we become bewitched by the projective tendencies of our own mind. People afflicted with wetiko react to their own projections in the world as if they objectively exist and are separate from themselves, delusionally thinking that they have nothing to do with creating that to which they are reacting.” Source.
- “Those afflicted with wetiko, like a cannibal, consume the life-force of others — human and nonhuman — for private purpose or profit, and do so without giving back something from their own lives. One example that symbolizes our self-destructive, collective madness is the oil companies’ destruction of the Amazonian rainforest, the lungs of our planet. This is literally a full-bodied revelation showing us what we are doing to ourselves. Another literal example that is symbolically illustrating the wetiko complex in action is Monsanto genetically engineering terminator seeds that do not reproduce a second generation, thus forcing farmers to buy new seeds from Monsanto for each year’s new crop. This makes survival for many poor farmers impossible, which has triggered a wave of suicides among farmers, as Monsanto grows richer from the process.” Source.
- ” Because full-blown wetikos are soul murderers who continually recreate the on-going process of killing their own soul, they are reflexively compelled to do this to others; for what the soul does to itself, it can’t help but to do to others. In a perverse inversion of the golden rule, instead of treating others how they would like to be treated, wetikos do unto others what was done unto them. The wetikois simply a living link in a timeless, vampiric lineage of abuse. Full-blown wetikos induce and dream up others to experience what it is like to be the part of themselves which they have split off from and denied, and are thus not able to consciously experience – the part of themselves that has been abused and vampirized. In playing this out, wetikos are transmitting and transferring their own depraved state of inner deadness to others in a perverse form of trying to deal with their own suffering. Paradoxically, wetikos both try to destroy others’ light, as it reminds them of what they’ve killed in themselves, while simultaneously trying to appropriate the light for themselves.” Source.
I could go on and give more examples, but I think this gives a pretty good picture myself, and you dear reader, have the links to read further. You will see this is an epidemic of world wide proportions. IT cares not who it affects, but thrives on the drama – removing all hope of recovery from those it preys on, for it blinds them to the fact that they are its host!
How then to change this?
- Begin with awareness – the ancient Greeks advised KNOW THY SELF, and this is in it’s very essence a defence against wetiko.
- The entity HATES the truth… it cannot in/affect a person who not only sees the truth, but knows how they react in truth.
- It stifles creativity – and the general flow of life, as it harvests the life force from it’s victims. Everything seems too much trouble. Procrastination, I would also say is a symptom.
These three points are, in my opinion, just the beginning – couple these with self awareness and congruency, taking up the Great Work and striving to be your true self, then how can a person who holds these prime maxims, be fooled into believing ridiculous fake news reports?
Or gas lighted?
It is possible, yes, non of us are infallible… but with knowledge, comes power – power to remove oneself from such events, thus starving the wetiko ‘virus’ out of your sphere, as you move forward to become all that you can be, before She comes to gather us back home again.
The more of us who become aware of this entity, and those many others who also wish to stop the Great work being done, the better.
Those of you who read this and think what a load of crap; watch out – wetiko and his pals might already have you by the short and curlies… become a seeker of the truth and leave no stone unturned.