For some time now I’ve been writing the odd post for those who are new to the Craft, the Faith or what ever you’d like to call this Mystery tradition of ours, but I realised those posts are not that easy to find, and so decided to set this page up.
The aim of including such a page is to give the Seeker some practical advice – it can seem a daunting Path to be on at times, especially when you are first starting out – I see newbies think that everything begins and ends with wicca/wiccan, when in reality there is so much more to explore 🙂
I will endeavour to keep all advice free of a particular path; i.e. it will be generic advice aimed at all Seekers, no matter which Path they follow – finding a particular Path too follow can be a problem in it’s self at first.
I will endeavour to regularly update and revise this page as needs rise. What follows is a list, in no particular order, of those posts, with a brief synopsis and a hyperlink that will take you to those posts.
- So the first bit of advice is quite simple; Where to Begin – inspired by a Seeker on a group I’m a member of, she simply wanted to know how, and with what she should begin – as is usual with new things, she, like many of us, myself included, got lost in the details! 🙂
- A few words of paying for “dot-dot-dot” online can be found here – let me be quite clear though… in the Real World, workshops and moots, courses and camps, can and are worth spending your hard earned cash on… they tend to be excellent places to meet up with like minded folk and learn new things, socialise and have fun 🙂
- This Path we walk can be a huge eye opener – getting to know other people is great, but how many of us really know ourselves well? You may over look this aspect of the Craft, thinking you already do know your self quite well, and yes, you may, but… it often is a life long study – Seekers of the Truth often look within as well as without to find it; hence Know Thy Self…
- The post that began it all – back in 2009 🙂
- Sleeper Wake written in the madness of midwinter and the chaos of Christmas shopping!
- Creating is an enjoyable process; combined with intent it becomes magical thus deepening the connection to the spirits.
- Protection of the self is an important place to begin as well, a simple method can be found here 🙂
- A simple but effective ritual for the Mid-Winter Solstice, which can also be used for the Summer Solstice, as well as the equinoxes can be found here.
- Perspective is important to how you view your world; take some time to see beyond the norm… in all things. Cast nothing aside, rather question it, as somethings are hidden in plain sight… and they are most often the most important!